About Me

My photo
She's got pretty brown eyes, and she's in mint condition

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Quick Tips for Cleaning Make-up Brushes at Home

Hey guys, if you know me, you know I am frugal. I don't like spending money if I don't have to, and I certainly don't want to spend a pocketful on something to clean  my make up brushes with. So, I did a little snooping online and I found a way to to safely clean your brushes at home with things you already have lying around! And - It's easier than you could ever imagine! 

What you'll need:
-brushes
-bar of soap 
-water
-face cloth or paper towel




Step 1: Wet your bar of soap, and your brushes. Be sure not to get your brushes wet above the metal band, if you do, the brissles are more likely to fall out.
Step 2: Rub your brush in a circular motion on the bar of soap. If you like (I do), massage the brush to make sure you get the soap all the way through. 
Step 3: Rinse your brushes in lukewarm water, again making sure to not get above the metal wet. 
Step 4: Pat your brushes dry on a clean face cloth or paper towel. 

Using a bar of soap is easy and convenient, and an added bonus is that now a days, most soaps are made with moisturizers, so you will be cleaning and moisturizing your brushes at the same time. 

Another way to clean your brushes is to mix equal parts olive oil and shampoo in a jar or tin and mix well, dip your brushes in, and rinse them under lukewarm water. Olive oil is a great moisturizer and will leave your brushes in great condition!

No comments:

Post a Comment