About Me

My photo
She's got pretty brown eyes, and she's in mint condition

Friday, April 11, 2014

Ocean State Job Lot Haul

Hey guys! I've been out of work for a while so I decided to go on a hunt for some good make - up for good prices yesterday. I had a blast, and I made out like a bandit... Look at the gems I found!

Brushes:

I never could have imagined how much of a difference using brushes to apply make up makes! I literally used to dot my cover up on my hand, and rub it all over my face. After countless youtube videos I've learned a lot about contouring, highlighting, and putting make up on in general (although no amount of "smokey eye for dummies" videos I watch, I will never know how to do it). This is sort of a cheaper set - its called Eco Tools by Alicia Silverstone, and for the most part the work incredibly! It was only $5 for the holder and the brushes ( minus the eyelash curler).  However, I'm still learning what each brush is for. If your looking for new brushes, head over to eyeslipsface.com, they have them for as little as $1, and right now (4/11) they are having a half off everything sale! 


Concealer:

Almay Clear Complexion Concealer + Treatment Gel - THE MOST PERFECT PRODUCT EVER! How awesome to have an acne/blemish treatment in the same tube as your concealer! Both work really great. The concealer goes on so smooth, and it really is great coverage!  A little goes a long way. I use shade 200 light/medium, and I got it at OSJL for $1!! At Wal-Mart, this product goes for around $6-7. Definitely recommend it!!


Foundation:

I always have such a hard time choosing which shade of foundation I should buy (mainly because in my head I'm much tanner than I actually am) so I always look weird because it was never the right color. I was SO impressed with this Almay smart shade smart balance. It comes out of the tube white (which made me a little scared because I have more of an olive skin tone) but it really does adjust to your skin tone. This product can go for as much as $15 at a local drug store, but I got it at OSJL for only $4! Such a steal !!



I use this Revlon Colorstay Whipped creme make up in shade 400- Early Tan to contour my face ( mainly under my cheeks, along my hairline on my forehead, outside of my nose, and along my jawline). It is such a nice texture, and for only $4 (goes for $14.99 at CVS) I couldn't help it! I loooooove this product!

Eyeliner/Shadow:

I was a little bummed because I accidentally bought green/moss color, but it actually looks very pretty with my brown eyes. The E.L.F Eyeshadow and liner stick only cost me $1 at OSJL, and like I said, it was a pleasant surprise. Its very easy to make a smokey look with this shadow stick, or, you can use it as a liner. It's perfect! This product is only $3 on the eyeslipsface.com, and they have more than just moss green to choose from! 


This Physicians Formula eyeshadow is from the baked collection, "Baked Spices" pallet (12270A). It is a little to shimmery for me, but if your using them with matte/flat eye shadows for a smokey eye, they are PERFECT! This goes for $7.99 at CVS, I got it for $2 at OSJL


Lipstick:

I've never been one to wear lipstick, but I wanted to start with a nudish color, pale pinks, more natural colors before I try bold. This Color Whisper goes for $6.49 at CVS. I got it for $1.99 at OSJL. The shade is 255- Ravishing Pink, and in my opinion, everyone with my skin tone needs to own this color! I'm so in love with it. It is NOT high gloss, and it is super moisturizing! Such a steal!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment