About Me

My photo
She's got pretty brown eyes, and she's in mint condition

Monday, September 5, 2011

Quick Thoughts.

Friendships:
"There comes a point in life where you have to stop chasing people to be your friend. You have to accept that with time, people change, not always for the good, but they change none the less. Not to say this is necessarily a bad thing,but it's the perfect opportunity for you to realize who's always there, who never was, and who was a fair-weather friend. "
I've recently been losing touch with my college roommates, which really saddens me, because we were so close while we lived together for two years. I understand life goes on, and people do change, but at the same time, I'm pissed. I've tried. But, you can only do so much. I just hope we didn't become so close only because their friends from home were readily available. Either way, I'm sad. 

Relationships:
Never, EVER, give more than you get. I don't even know if that makes sense, but seriously. Do NOT give your all, to someone who doesn't return the favor. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your partner must do everything and anything for you, but I am saying there is a meeting in the middle. 
My boyfriend of over three years and I do not always see eye to eye. And I understand I can be a bitch sometimes, but I do whatever I can when I can for him. If he asks me to do something so stupid as to run into the other room and get him a tissue, I will. But, when I ask him to get me a tissue, he asks "why?" and then doesn't do it. Uh... maybe because I asked you to, and I always do for you when you ask. Anyways, excuse this mini rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment