About Me

My photo
She's got pretty brown eyes, and she's in mint condition

Sunday, April 27, 2014

My First - Very Quick Natural Smokey Eye Tutorial!

My First Tutorial...
A Natural Smokey Eye, using purples and golds, which are GREAT for people with brown/hazel eyes.

Most Importantly guys - forgive my appearance. I had already washed my face for the day, and I haven't done my eyebrows in a long time.

I always start my make up by doing my concealor/foundation/powder first. I know this is probably against the rules, its just how I like to do it. But you can skip that if you like to do it after.

Start with an eyeshadow primer - I use E.L.F Shadow Primer, which only cost me a dollar on E.L.F. I dab a bit on, and then use my foundation brush to smooth it out a little.

After your primer is on, I find it EXTREMELY helpful to use a piece of scotch tape to dictate where your shadow will end and it will also give a line for your liquid liner. Be sure to have the tape even on both eyes.

I used Covergirls "Opal Dust" shadow as a base. This is a slightly shimmery lavender shadow. Just brush it on the lid with my creasing brush (I know, thats not what the brush is for but I use the brushes in way that makes applying the make up easiest for me, since as you all know I'm new to make up).

Next, using my creasing brush (after wiping it clean), I applied Physicians Formula gold shadow from the "Baked Spices" pallet to the entire length of my crease, and over the outer half of my lid. I blended it a little bit using the same brush.

For the outer "smokey" color, I used a maroon/purple shade from Maybelline NY's "Designer Chocolates" pallet. I applied this with a smudge brush, to the very outer corner of the lid, and the outer half of my crease line. I then went in with a blending brush and blended it out as far high as I wanted out to the tape.

Next, from the same Maybelline pallet I used a nude shimmer to highlight my brow line, and the very inside corner of my eye with the smudge brush.

Now, my least favorite part: liquid liner (I'm using Maybelline's Line Stiletto). I rarely use a liner because sometimes it can be way too harsh, and most of the time I'm not doing anything that requires any make up at all- never mind a hard black wing. I never start at the inside corner with my liner, mainly because I just don't like the way it looks, but if you like to, go ahead and start there. And follow that line up the tape for a nice straight, smooth liner.

Curl your lashes, and then add mascara. My current favorite mascara is L'Oreal's Voluminous Carbon Black. And, I always close my eye and put a coat on the top of my lashes, and then open, and apply it normally. I find this makes my lashes look more full and a lot longer.

Now, you can take the tape off, and do your bottom lashes if you like. I always mess my makeup up completely by trying to do my bottom lashes, so I steer clear of mascara on them. If you don't like the hard line of the shadow, be sure to blend it in a little more to where the tape was. Also, if you did your foundation first like I do, you may want to dab a little more on with your foundation brush where the tape was because when you take the tape off, you take your foundation with it.

I know this isn't really a great tutorial, but, if I can do this, anyone can! Hope you all enjoy!!

My First Tutorial... Most Importantly guys - forgive my appearance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment