About Me

My photo
She's got pretty brown eyes, and she's in mint condition

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

UPDATE ON BOY FOUND IN MAINE

The little boy found dead in Maine has been identified as 6 year old Camden Pierce Hughes. Reportedly his mother, Juli McCrery, has confessed to giving her son an overdose of cough syrup that resulted in his death. They are both from Texas. Juli McCrery was found when the police followed the tip of the car seen on the same road his body was found on (a blue toyota with some sort of naval/militiary symbol on/near the license place) in Chelmsford, Mass, at a rest stop reading the Bible. She was held at the Concord state police barracks, but has been since transported to a local hospital for evaluation.

My heart is still torn whenever I even think about how a mother could possibly do this to such a beautiful, precious, innocent little child. Even if she "accidentally" gave him too much cough syrup, why would you let him die, then bring him to a dirt road and dump his body? Why wouldn't she call 911 or bring him to the hospital herself? My mind is completely boggled. As a mother, isn't your main duty supposed to protect your children? I'm confused. Nothing adds up. 
Either way, Camden now knows that he has touched the hearts of so many people and there are so many people who care about what happened to him. I know my heart has been forever touched, especially since I have two nephews, both with beautiful blue eyes and blond hair like Camden, but one of them is also six. And I can't begin to fathom how hurt and angry and lost I would be if anyone ever harmed them. 
Rest peacefully, Baby boy, you are forever in our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. This was so sad, how could ve she done it to her own baby... :( :(

    Unruly Rebel
    something THEY call life

    ReplyDelete