About Me

My photo
She's got pretty brown eyes, and she's in mint condition

Friday, March 22, 2013

Product Reviews

Hey guys! I thought I would post reviews about the beauty products (excluding make-up) that I use on an almost daily basis. I'll try my best to include prices, where I got it, and how it works for me. I will save the make up review for another day when I have more time to sit down and apply each item.  Let's start with my shower products (shampoos, conditioners, body washes, shaving creams, etc.)

1.) Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lenghts
Shampoo and Conditioner
This is a great products, and it donates to a good cause. The idea is to help grow strong and long healthy hair so more woman will be able to donate hair. I've got to be honest, the smell the the best thing about it. Oh, God does it smell incredible! I'm one of those people who always touches my hair throughout the day (might be considered a nervous habit), and if you're like me, I don't recommend using this as an everyday Shampoo and Conditioner. It leaves your hair smelling so, so good, as well as soft and silky, but it looks greasy after a little while (if you touch your hair a lot). I don't use it daily, but every now and then, when I plan on wearing my hair in a high bun or pulled back in a pony-tail, I like to use this product.

I bought these product at my local CVS, and it was 2/$7



2.) Organix; Rejuvenating Cherry Blossom Ginseng
(Shampoo and Conditioner)
For such cool looking products, they definitely don't work as good as I was expecting. I rarely use this product. I bought it because a.) it looks really cool b.) because it smells SO good, and c.) because where I bought it it was much cheaper than in the drug or chain stores. It's just a heavy shampoo and conditioner, that no matter how long you rinse it out for, it weighs your hair down. I didn't really notice my hair actually being "rejuvenated". And, the worst part: the best part of the product (it's smell) doesn't even last. Overall I was just not impressed. 

I bought these product and Ocean State Job Lot, for $5 each. I've seen in it Wal-Mart and CVS for close to $8-9. 




3.) Aveeno Nourish and Revitalize 
(Shampoo and Conditioner)
Great Product! It smells good. It's light, and works very well. With this product as well, I would not recommend it for everyday use, but it truly is a great, great product. It doesn't leave your hair flat and weighed down, AS LONG as you don't use TOO much. The smell last pretty long. The only thing I don't really like about this product is the design of the bottles. When the product is half gone, you have to keep the bottles upside down, and I'm sort of OCD about my shower so it bothers me. Other than that, I enjoy this shampoo and conditioner.

I bought these products at Ocean State Job Lot for $5 each. I've seen them in CVS and Wal-Mart for $7-9.



4.) Cortex Repair Formula+
(Shampoo and Conditioner)
Oh My God! This stuff is literally incredible!!!! I can't say enough good things about these products. I am a HUGE fan of the Salon Pump. I personally think it makes it so much easier as opposed to having to pick the bottles up, open the tops, and squeeze out the amount you want. But, that very well may be because I'm lazy. Anyways, I bought this brand because it is the same brand as my hair straightener, and the flat iron spray I used to use, both which I have been very impressed with. You leave the shampoo on for 2-5 minutes, rinse, and then do the same with the conditioner. It has a very clean, "salon" smell that lasts for a decent amount of time in your hair. I've used a lot of hair products, but since I started using this one, I've gotten SO many compliments on my hair. I HIGHLY recommend these. It rinses light enough for everyday use, and I firmly believe it repairs hair. 

I bought these products at Marshall's for $9.99 each. Compare to salon price of $16.99 each. 




5.) Biosilk; Silk Therapy
(Shampoo and Conditioner)
Hands down the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used!! (next to Redkin Body Full, which I can no longer find ANYWHERE) For a long time, I thought that it was all hype. I thought "Oh it's expensive and has the word 'silk' in it, of course people are going to buy into it and say it's good". And I told myself for $16.99, I'll pass. I found it for cheaper than $16.99 so I decided to give it a try. The smell. The feel. The results. All incredible. The only problem is, your hair will be so soft, you won't be able to stop running your fingers through it. You wash regularly, and then leave the conditioner in for 2-5 minutes. I can't say enough good things about these products. I enjoy that the bottles are not big and bulky, but sleek and skinny, so they fit into the shower caddy rack in my stand alone shower. I can honestly say that they would be worth the $16.99 each, but I will let you in on a little secret. You can find them MUCH cheaper at TJ MAXX. If you are buying them at TJ MAXX, make sure the bottle is sealed. Sometimes, they water down the product and it isn't as good, but as long as the bottles are sealed and do not appear tampered with, I HIGHLY recommend you buy them!!

I bought these at TJ MAXX for $9.99 each, compared to salon prices of $16.99



6.)Rusk Thermal Flat Iron Spray, Rusk Multi 12-in-1 Miracle Treatment (w8less), Rusk W8less Plus+ Hairspray, and Garnier Fructis XXL Body Thickening Mousse.
(Heat Protectant, 12-in-1 Leave in Treatment, Hairspray, and Mousse)
Let me start by saying I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER HEAT PROTECTANT OR HAIRSPRAY in my life. These Rusk products are truly amazing. The Thermal Flat Iron Spray protects your hair from the heat of the straightener and adds shine to your hair. It does this without leaving your hair oily or dirty looking. SO INCREDIBLE. You just spray it on your dry hair before straightening, then wait a few minutes because trust me, I learned from experience if you flat iron before it dries you'll more than likely set your fire alarms off. The Leave in treatment I use everyday. It adds to the softness and silkiness of your hair. It doesn't weigh your hair down or make it look oily. You just spray it on to your towel dried hair and comb it through before styling. The W8less hairspray is so incredible! It doesn't leave your hair crispy or flat. It is honestly gentle enough to just hold your whispies down on your straight hair without slicking them to your forehead. ** ALL OF THE RUSH PRODUCTS PICTURED ABOVE SMELL INCREDIBLE!! I was pleasantly surprised because as women, we know how bad some of the "good" products can smell. All three items smell like the salon. The XXL Body mouse works incredible too. All I do with it is add a little to my roots before blowdrying my hair upside down. I know it sounds silly but, that's how it works for me. I recommend all of these products!

I bought the Rusk products as a set at TJ MAXX for $10, compared to the salon price of $48 for the set. The XXL Body Mousse cost me roughly $5 at my local CVS.




 7.) Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash and Oil-Free Acne Wash (both pink grapefruit)
I have never been so impressed with a body wash in my life! I am a CNA, and at my job I am always on the move, and to be honest, I sweat a lot. There was a period of time I found my chest breaking out from the sweat throughout the day. I used this body wash twice, yes TWO TIMES, and it clear my chest right up. I've also got to be honest and let you know I am NOT a fan of the smell of grapefruits, but these products work SO Well I can deal with the smell. Some of you may think this is gross, but for a long time I didn't use anything on my face. I would wash my face with just warm water. And I always had pretty clear skin. Recently I've found myself sweating more and stressing out more and noticed I've been having more breakouts. The face wash works just as good as the body wash does, and I highly recommend these products, especially if you have a fast paced job like me and find yourself sweating a lot. 

I bought these products at my local CVS and they were on sale, buy one get one half off. I paid $14 for both and it was worth every penny!




8.) From Left: Dermasil Dry Skin Treatment, Eucerin Original Healing Smoothing Repair Creme, Medical Remedy Skin Repair Cream, Johnson's "Melt Away Stress Lavender and Chamomile", and Dermasil Oil-Free Night Moisturizer Facial Cream
A bundle of complete and utter goodness, I swear to you! I had a really bad patch of dry skin behind my knee, and I used the Dry Skin Treatment for about 2 weeks, and my skin is back to normal. I personally think Dermasil is too heavy of a cream to use daily, or as a regular moisturizer, but it really does a good job taking care of extreme cases of dry skin. The Eucerin I used this winter when my hands got really rough and dry from the weather elements. It is a VERY heavy, and VERY oily product, but it definitely repairs skin. Don't tell anyone, but the Medical Remedy Skin Repair lotion came from my work. I use it on my residents to keep their skin moisturized and looking young(ish). I use it on my hands and arms daily. It smells like orange creamsicles and it does a good job at keeping skin soft. The Johnson's Stress lotion smells so, so, so good. I use it before bed, I rub it on my hands, and then rub a little on my temples and on my neck. I believe it does help relax. And lastly, the Dermasil Night Cream. HOLY CRAP. It was such a good product! I use it nightly and I truly swear by it. It's oil free so it doesn't leave your skin heavy or wet. And after a few continuous uses, you can tell a difference in the softness of your face. 

I bought both Dermasil products at The Dollar Tree for $1 each. The Eucerin is from the travel isle at CVS and cost roughly $1-2. The Med Remedy is from my work, you may be able to buy it online somewhere, I haven't checked. And the Johnson's can be found at Rite Aid for $1.49







9.) Jergens Natural Glow FIRMING Gradual Tanner, and Face Tanner.
I kept telling myself I wasn't going to buy into the gimmicks. But, I eventually did, and I couldn't be happier with these products. The firming lotion works WONDERS and within a week I noticed my butt and legs looked firmer (less cottage-cheesy). And even though to bottles say "new scent"... and it is new, and pleasant AT FIRST, after it dries it smells like the same old natural glow. Besides that, the only bad thing I can say is that you have to be super careful when putting it on. Watch for streaks and unevenness. Also, you must use it sparingly on your knees and elbows, and make sure to wipe off your eyebrows or you'll start to look just plain dirty. Great products, and they really work. 
I bought these products at my local CVS; the Firming lotion was $11.49, and the face lotion was $8.99




10.) Nine West's "Love Fury" Perfume, Body Lotion, and Shower Gel
 Ugh, I fell in love with this scent, and I watched and waited until it went on sale to buy it. It smells SO incredible. It is a sophisticated smell, and it compliments just about any occasion. It is young enough to wear to school, but old enough to wear to dinner, or to the bar. The downfall is that I find that the lotion scent lasts longer than the perfume, and the shower gel doesn't really smell like the perfume at all. 

I bought all three products for $15 at TJ MAXX, compared to $58 department store value.






 11.) Perfumes
Calvin Klein  "In2U" - Honestly Incredible. Good for everyday use, or special occasion. Clean, Crisp, Feminine. $26 at TJ MAXX compared to $58 department store value.
Victoria's Secret "Body by Victoria" Body Mist - Such a classic scent. I'm not actually sure they make this anymore, but it is definately feminine and flirty. I honestly bought it so long ago I don't remember what I paid for it.
Ed Hardy - Gift set. All three scents are hip and flirty, and most importantly they are young and semi-floral. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality when I received this set as a gift at Christmas.
Revert "Eco" from Rue21 - I must be honest and tell you the only reason I bought this is because the sales associate was jumping down my throat trying to sell it. It was $9 at Rue21, and It smells pretty good. It is a clean, friendly smell, however, it sort of seems like a unisex fragrance to me. I still wear it though. It's a nice difference from the other perfumes mentioned




12.) Chapsticks
Chapstick Brand - I am a firm believer that this is the best, most classic chapstick that truly cures chapped lips. I enjoy the spearmint and cherry flavors. 
Baby Lips by Maybelline - Honestly, my favorite part about this is the way it looks. It's a nice chapstick but you can't count on it to heal chapped lips. You have to apply it a lot more often than other chapsticks. I guess the plus side of Baby Lips is it comes in all different tints. 
Carmex, Cherry- One of my all time favorite brands. It works really well, except it leaves a light wax on your lips. 
Burts Bees !!!! That's all I can say. Every Burts Bees lip product gets an A+ in my book. I have about 5 different kinds of Burts Bees floating around in my purse. I just am not a fan of the price. I think $2.99-$4.99 is a little much for lip care.
Soft Lips - All flavors, must have. Sleek, feminine container, and they come in tints. Super girly.



12.) Listerine Pre-Rinse, Colgate Optic White Toothpaste and Mouthwash
Oh My God! By far the best whitening regiment I've used to far. I rinse with the Listerine Vibrant White Pre-Rinse, and I bought the Colgate Optic White Toothbrush, which I then use with the toothpaste, and I end with the Mouthwash. I've been using it for about 2 weeks, and my teeth are a noticable 2-3 shades whiter. 
I bought the Listerine at Ocean State Job Lot for $3.99, the Tooth Brush was $4.99 at CVS, and the Mouthwash and Toothpaste were on sale 2/$8 at CVS. 


No comments:

Post a Comment