About Me

My photo
She's got pretty brown eyes, and she's in mint condition

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Making a Pillow Case Skirt!

k, So this is my first time really attempting to be creative. I saw a piece on E! News once, and it was how to make a skirt out of a pillow case. So, I have plenty of spare time tonight, I'm going to try it. Here is the pillow case I am starting out with :
All that it took was a pair of scissors, and a pillow case you don't care if you ruin. Obviously you may need to sew it at the bottom to keep the seam straight, but I don't have a needle and threat at the moment, so I actually straightened it with my hair straightener so that it stayed straight and clean. Then, I added a simple black belt.

Steps:
-Turn pillow case inside out.
-Cut the pillow cases un-opened end to the desired length. *Remember to leave enough room to fold over the bottom to make a straight edge.
- Take a washable marker, and make the marks that are going to be belt loops. *Remember to ONLY cut through one side of the pillow case, unless you want belt loops in both places on the front and back.
- Fold the bottom (where you just cut) so it is even, and then iron it so it stays.
- Making sure you have an even line to guide you,  sew the bottom of the skirt where it is flipped.
- Flip pillowcase back to right side out, and put your desired belt through.
-Pick a shirt, put it your new skirt on, and rock the HELL out of it!!
Have fun!

Here's the end product:

a back view:

from the front:


Side View:

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool can you please make me one you also did suh a great job onthe instructions love you auntie jamie

    ReplyDelete